Disciples of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest - race.

4 posters

Go down

Contest - race. Empty Contest - race.

Post by Fodan Fri May 16, 2008 1:28 pm

This is not an original idea, but modified idea of someone with additon with the latest scavenger hunt.

As in topic subject, we could make a race (flying mounts, ground mounts) from point A (lets say Ironforge or Halaa) to point B (whichever we decide it to be, however it needs to be on the same continent), there can be several checkpoints where other guild members or NPC will be waiting for participants to give/sell an item. These checkpoints need to checked in order 1->10 (for example).

Of course this will only work if all participants won't cheat the rules at any time (I assume we don't do that as we're trustworthy, they won't be observed though) by using other mount than stated(60%,100% ground, 60%, 280%, 310% flying) - this does not forbid using speed enchanting items etc., using fly paths, checking checkpoints not in order or teleporting (or buying items from the NPC beforehand in case we decide on NPCs). Of course, the path can be set through a dangerous area (full of horde, bloodthirsty mobs who can dismount/stun/kill etc. - this will be excluded if flying mounts are used) or an area where rare deposits or herbs can be found to lure someone to collect it, so the contestants can try to find a different path to not to waste time being killed/slowed down too much.

The map could be given 10 minutes before the race or sent on PMs here with only checkpoints pointed out.

There can be some modifications, like having participants start from different locations and so on, but overall time getting here and there should be the same.

This is only an idea, and I don't have any idea about Point A and Point B as well as checkpoints. This is only an idea.

Fodan
Active
Active

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Profession #1: Tailor
Profession #2: Enchanter
Raid Points: 0

Back to top Go down

Contest - race. Empty Re: Contest - race.

Post by Elunee Wed May 21, 2008 4:42 am

Idea of SOMEONE, huh Fodan? Razz

BTW its a great idea. It would be useful if everyone has cartographer so we could send coords.

Elunee
Active
Active

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Profession #1: Miner
Profession #2: Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiranit Sun May 25, 2008 5:40 pm

well, y dont u organize an event then? should be fun =)

Tiranit
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Character sheet
Profession #1: Miner
Profession #2: Blacksmith
Raid Points: 1000000000000

Back to top Go down

Post by McHammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 pm

im down to help out any way i can
McHammer
McHammer
Veteran
Veteran

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Character sheet
Profession #1: Noob
Profession #2: Ninja/Masterlooter
Raid Points: 250

http://www.gfxult.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fodan Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:25 am

I almost finished it, I need 2 more people to help me with this though (1st: me, 2nd: Pop). I have the route now, checkpoints as well, I need to make some stuff for players. Also, i need my exams to end:) And this is a priority now.

Fodan
Active
Active

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Profession #1: Tailor
Profession #2: Enchanter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down